Packed with fresh goodness like carrots, tomatoes, and a whole head of garlic, this roasted carrot soup pairs perfectly with a classic grilled cheese for a major upgrade.
The below recipe is provided by Care By Design, using Care by Design 2:1 CBD Drops, available now at TWC.
*CBD drop amount can be customized per your specific THC desire or tolerance.
For the soup
1 ¾ pound carrots, peeled and chopped
6 oz cherry tomatoes
½ onion, sliced
1 head garlic, cut in half
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper
3-4 cups vegetable broth, depending on your thickness preference
¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut cream
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2ml Care by Design 2:1 Full Spectrum CBD Drops
For the grilled cheese
2 slices bread
2 tbsp butter, regular or vegan
½ tomato, sliced
4 slices cheddar cheese, regular or vegan
1. Preheat oven to 450℉. Add carrots, tomatoes, onion, and garlic to an oven-safe baking dish. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and olive oil. Toss until combined.
2. Add fresh thyme to your veggies and transfer to the oven. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until carrots are soft.
3. Transfer roasted veggies to a soup pot (if using immersion blender) or blender. Squeeze garlic out of the head and remove thyme sprigs. Add vegetable broth, coconut cream, and blend until smooth. You can add more vegetable broth for a thinner soup if that’s your preference.
4. Butter one side of both pieces of bread. Heat a skillet and place buttered side of bread down. Add tomato slices and cheese. Let cheese melt, cover with lid if necessary.
5. Once cheese is slightly melted, flip bread slices together and cook until cheese is fully melted. Enjoy alongside your roasted carrot soup!
Recipe provided by Care By Design